How To: Enabling Groups for an Assignment
1. You must create the groups. Select “Groups” on the left side menu of your main course page.
2. Select “Create Group.” Afterwards, name your group, and you may also enter a description. Afterwards, click “Create group” at the bottom to complete the task.
3. Add or remove students to the group by clicking the group name and then clicking on the “Add/remove users” button.
5: Select “Update this Assignment” in the upper right corner.
6: Scroll down to the Common Module Settings.
The group mode can be one of three levels:
- No groups: there are no sub-groups; everyone is part of one big community.
- Separate groups: each group can only see their own group, others are invisible.
- Visible groups: each group works in their own group, but can also see other groups.
The “Visible” menu selects whether or not the assignment is released to the students. This is not group-specific – it is global.
Be sure to save your changes.