How To: Adding a Moodle Chat Room to Your Course.
1. Click on the Turn Editing on button in the upper right of the main course window.
2. Click on the “Add an activity” drop-down box in the lesson where you wish to add a chat room.
3. In the “Adding a new Chat” window
- Enter a name for the chat room – this is what will appear as a link on the main course page
- Enter an introduction or instructions for use of the chat room
- Enter the time/day for the chat – the drop-down boxes appear in this order (day, month, year, hour, minutes)
The chat room also allows additional options such as:
- Repeat Sessions – Creates a calender event at the same time each week.
- Save Past Sessions – Saves the past chatlogs.
- Everyone can view past sessions – Allows you to control whether students can see older past chat sessions.